Wednesday, May 19, 2010

5-15-10

i hide my soul behind tattered wings
feathers falling from me
drifting to you
sunshine drips from yellow petals
your beauty is suffocating
your name tastes like ash on my tongue
like cigarette burns covering flesh
wounded mouths are unraveling all of the promises
these old ghosts are back
the questions you are longing to ask
only they can answer
and i don’t know how to make them speak
hands grasping for my shoulders
i am perfect
perfect imperfection
claws are ripping at what once was reality
now just memories that i can’t seem to forget
i am not good enough for you
my heart is fearful
And full of so many stories
stories i am scared to tell
worn into endless folds
creased paper
unspoken letters
phrases of love
words of desire
only passion
warmth
ask the ghosts
only they can tell you

0 comments: