Thursday, April 29, 2010

4-29-10

you kneel under that simple starry sky
for hours you point out every constellation and tell me their hidden messages
our hearts are rusty and they bleed gold
flower petals dry and burn in the grass
they are our lonely minds
we must escape these hallucinations
through your strokes on the piano keys
your music recites the song of loved skin
we will escape through my brush strokes on canvas
only angels can paint reality
i think of you
you are the silence between the rise and fall of my chest as I breathe
you tell me that the sun will always set
the moon will always rise to remind me that there is always tomorrow
silence is deafening and it holds secrets
sewn into your worn out lips
everything happened so fast
someone turned out the light switch and I was gone
afterwards even the stars appeared dead as they darted from the winter sky
you would trace words on my back
words you couldn’t speak
little broken messages you feared to say out loud
if I could create a world full of dreams
full of beautiful strings of words
i would
just you and me
because we are the only ones who truly believe in magic

0 comments: